At Sawston Village College, we are committed to delivering a curriculum that realises our aims and values of:
- unlocking potential;
- creating opportunities;
- achieving excellence.
In this, we recognise that academic excellence is only one part of providing an outstanding education. Our aim is to ensure that all pupils build the knowledge and understanding needed to become successful as adults in education, employment and life; contributing positively as citizens in the local and global community.
Curricular decisions are underpinned by the following core principles.
- Developing pupils’ breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Building on and securing prior knowledge and understanding.
- Promoting inclusivity and opportunities for all.
- Valuing subject discipline and rigour.
- Raising aspiration and broadening horizons.
- Supporting pupils to achieve their full potential and gain access to their best possible post-16 pathway.
Click on the text or picture in the boxes below to be taken directly to the subject page for more information.